Monday 2 December 2013

E.L.F: Baked Eyeshadow Palette in California Review & Swatches

E.L.F_Baked_Shadow_Palette

Hello my lovlies :) 
Today I have for you a post on the baked eyeshadow palette from my recent 50% off haul.

E.L.F_Baked_Shadow_Palette
Now this is supposedly a dupe for the Naked Palette... Now I haven't used the Naked palette, only seen it in videos/palettes or online but I highly doubt that it is. It is all shimmer/has glitter in it. When I say glitter, I mean quite big chunks! Which might not be to everyone's taste.

Dry swatches with no Primer, top & bottom rows.
E.L.F_Baked_Shadow_Palette_Dry_Swatch
E.L.F_Baked_Shadow_Palette_Dry_Swatch

 As you can see, there is barely any pigmentation, I really had to swipe a lot of product to get this pay off. When wearing, I have only tried using a concealer as a base as that's what I normally use, I never use a primer as my lids particularly oily. The only way I could get could colour pay off from nearly all of them was by using it wet. Which I don't really fancy doing day to day, really? I could just as easily use my MUA palette which has the same sort of shades and a hell of a lot more pigment.


E.L.F_Baked_Shadow_Palette_Wet_Swatch
Here are the wet swatches, the colours are actually very pretty! Such a shame they couldn't be this beautiful without using them wet :( 

For a baked shadow palette, I really though it was going to be good, especially with it being from the Studio range, and it being £10! Now I don't know if I got a bad one but, I'm actually rather disappointed. The packaging is pretty sturdy though and there is a nice big mirror.

All in all, the best way is to use this wet, which is a bit of a hassle for me if I'm in a rush to get to work in the morning! So I doubt it'll be used a lot, I'll probably stick with my Undress me Too MUA palette, during the day, and maybe use this for more evening looks.
I paid £5 but it is normally £10 on eyeslipsface.co.uk

Have you tried this palette? I would love to hear your thoughts! 
Until next time,
xoxoxox.









2 comments:

  1. was gonna buy this but m thinking again after seeing your review.... thank youu...
    http://moutushinahar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might of got a dodgy one, you never know! If I'm unsure of buying a product I tend to look at 3 or 4 reviews anyway, products work differently on different people ;) xo.

      Delete