Sunday 17 March 2013

Easy Sunday: New Hobby?

Hello my lovlies :)
First off, happy St. Patrick's day! 
Hope you all are having a fabulous day and getting very merry!
We don't personally celebrate it in the Stevens' household.
In fact my parents don't celebrate much! Boooorrrring, ahahaa.

Today I thought I'd show you my sort of new hobby, knitting! 
Wow that cast on looks awful! The wool had been knitted before on my knitting attempt last year and made it kind of bleurgh.. That's my excuse anyway! Ahaha.
I know you are now probably thinking I just as boring! But I find it really sort of calming and therapeutic. It's taken me ages to get into it, my first square took me about 3 months on and off to complete, but I finally completed it last night :) 
I had tried sometime last year to get  into it but it just wasn't working. This year when the 'Knit & Stitch' magazine came out Jake's aunt bought me the first mag which came with a dvd which made it so much easier to understand! Admittedly I still need to practice loads, and I can only do the knit stitch as of yet.. But hopefully I will persevere with it and be a knitting whizz! 
(I only ever got the first mag, could never find any of the others and gave up in the end!)
However this is very unlikely because if you know me at all I like to learn lots of new things and get totally obsessed with it for a few months then drop it and learn a new thing.. It's awfully annoying! 
I often go through the same thing with baking too! I am just about to bake some cookies. :) 

Eventually if I do persevere I will make a ginormous patch work blanket and be very proud of myself! 

Do you have and hobbies?  I would love to know :)

Until next time! 
xoxox.


No comments:

Post a Comment