Wednesday 27 February 2013

NYX: Jumbo Eye Pencils in Black Bean & French Fries Mini Review & Swatches

Hello my lovlies :) 
Today I have for you a little review & swatch post of the NYX Jumbo Pencils in French Fries and  Black Bean.

NYX_Black_Bean_French_Fries
The other day and friend and I took a random trip to the Chatham Dockside Outlet place and they had a couple of discount makeup shops, one of which had NYX. It was so exciting as I've been wanting to try the brand for aaaaaages! I was dying to find Milk to no avail, so I settled for Black Bean and French Fries, just to try out a couple for now.

601 Black Bean
NYX_Black_Bean
A deep deep matte black colour (swatch down below) it's thick yet creamy and a great base for dark smokey eyes, it's fabulously pigmented. I love using this to tightline, I find it so much easier using this despite it being huge! 

609 French Fries
NYX_French_Fries
This is a bronzey-brown shade with slight gold shimmer particles. I'm in love with this as a base! Again a thick yet creamy consistency. I've been heavily into wearing brown/gold shades to accentuate my eyes so this is indeed perfect.

French Fries on the left and Black Bean on the right.
This is just with one swipe, so pigmented it's madness!
Set with an eyeshadow these last for absolutely ages, yet on their own they do have a tendency to crease after a while. I would highly recommend the pencils, even at full price, I can see these lasting a very long time.
These have a RRP of £4.50, however I paid something like £1.50/£1.90 at the discount shop! Such a good saving! Admittedly, there isn't a wide range of colours, but for a few staples in your collection it's certainly worth a look in there.


I've just realised out of all the colours I could have chosen I've picked the ones with food related names! Typical! Aha.
Until next time! 
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment